Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas is All Around


I just love Christmas time. It's so beautiful and everything just feels a bit better. My mother-in-law have me her old tree so now I have a nice big pretty one instead of my ugly Wal-mart special. The bad thing about such a big tree is I don't have enough ornaments to decorate it with!

We went down to Temple Square the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Deneal flew into town so the whole family went to pick her up and after a good dinner at the Red Rock Cafe we went over to see the lights.




It's quite difficult to get a good picture of everyone, but this is Denise, Deneal, Gavin, Katie, Paul, Neal, and myself. No Steven.

Guster really loves Christmas too. He loves all the boxes full of decorations I get out and tries so hard to be sneaky and get inside them. You can barely see him in this picture peering through the tree branches. He doesn't seem to realize that the tree isn't real and always tries to eat it. He's also knocked off a bunch of ornaments and batted them around and shattered a few of them. I don't really mind on the little cheap ones; at least he's getting some exercise which he is in dire need of.

My living room this year. It's much less blurry in person.

Even though it is so cold outside right now, it's nice to have a warm little house to get all comfy in. This will more than likely be our last Christmas in this house. I like it a lot even though it doesn't hold the heat very well, the doors kind of stick, the carpets are all stained and worn out, there's big stains on the wallpaper in the kitchen, the toilet handle has to be lifted up after flushing, the countertops are just so very ugly and gross with a permanent dirtyness to them, and every once in a while it smells like old people. It's mine and Steven's first home together. We've had our first Christmas there and will be our baby's first home as well, even if it is for a short period of time. I hope everyone enjoys their Christmas in their homes everywhere!

4 comments:

The Coy's said...

I always planned on having our first baby there too! i love that house and you make it so cozy!

Brianna and Wade said...

YAY!!! Your house is so cute! I love the picture of Guster. I think wade and I will be up on the 18th or 19th so we can play. Talk to you soon

Lindsay said...

Your house is so cozy. I love your mantle. You make it look even nicer with your decorating.

Heather said...

Looks very festive. Next Christmas you'll have a kitty and a baby knocking off the ornaments!