Monday, March 14, 2011

Motherhood: it makes you stupid.


I don't know where my brain has gone lately. For the third time, that I can remember, I forgot to put detergent in with the wash. Who does that? So I ran a nice full load of pukey/poopy baby clothes in a tank of cold water. Oh well. People don't usually mention the fact that once you're a mom you become an idiot. I guess that might be considered rude. Granted I have done dumb things in the past. For instance, one time instead of changing my undies, I put a clean pair on top of the day old ones and didn't even realize it until I was getting ready for bed that night. And no, I didn't notice when I went to the bathroom. But I didn't do that three days in a row! I'm betting that with each baby after this one, I'm probably just going to keep getting dumber. How ridiculous. It's just a really good thing I like this kid so much.

3 comments:

Calli said...

Ronelle.. that is hillarious. thats all. :)

Anonymous said...

It's SO true. When Aiden was only a few months old, I ran both my camera and cell phone through the washing machine in two separate loads of laundry. That was an expensive couple of days.

I like to think having #2 made me more aware of the stupidity, therefore actually kind of balancing me back out. haha.

Lindsay said...

One of the many sacrifices made to become a mother, but so worth it (on most days). Your child is so darn cute it kills me. Feel free to send him East if you need some time to recover some brain juice (or even just to do laundry). My children have taken to asking for a baby on an hourly basis. I think Dex would certainly satisfy. We could just borrow him until they realize babies aren't all fun.